Tuesday, August 28, 2012

RAY HOLLOWAY...STILL A BASEBALL LEGEND

                       This picture was taken with my 2 grandson in it.    We won 18 to 15 but the other team scored 8 runs in the last inning making a run at us.   Good thing I got a hit as my grandsons were watching the old guy at bat...  I ended up the season hitting .636, second only to our right fielder who had 16 straight hits in one stretch.  He was a hard man to catch!  Not bad for a 73-year old who had one heart attack and a triple by-pass 26 years ago.  Time to retire as I have a bad bone bruise on my right heel, plus a hip pointer that both need a rest.  But, I am in better shape than many of my teammates as I often had to pinch run for some of them who have bad knees!  I played 8 years with this team and know it is time to retire!  It was a good run...  

Ray Holloway, Class of 1957.August 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment